If you would like to spend your cooking holidays in Italy learning how to cook healthy and varied cuisine then choose our Mediterranean cooking course. Learn to make dishes from four of the most popular cuisines in Europe and North Africa.
The Mediterranean cookery course at Casa Ombuto are more intensive than the Italian full week courses as you have two extra morning lessons on top to the four afternoon sessions.
You will make an elaborate Italian dinner, a Spanish lunch including Paella, an exotic Moroccan dinner with a delicious Tajine, a traditional French Provencal supper with most probably and sea bass in a salt crust, and on top of that, one morning you will learn to make various breads and pastries - all in one week! Learn to make risotto, pasta's, Foccacia, Tapenade, Ratatouille, Gaspacho, Tortilla, Tagine of chicken, spicy couscous and much much more.
Day by day
You will have cooking lessons on 2 morning cooking lessons and 4 afternoon lessons with enough time to relax and enjoy the surroundings or to do some sightseeing in the area in your free time. A full-day culinary excursion is included with cheese and meta tasting, olive oil tasting, time for shopping in Arezzo and wine tasting in a unique winery and its rounded off with an informal dinner back at your villa after a long but fun day.
- Arrival at Florence airport, we can arrange transfers to and from Florence airport on request.
- Check-in at the villa from 16:00 onwards
- Welcoming dinner at 20:00, introduction given by the chef and a chance to get to know each other.
- Morning free to relax and enjoy the villa
- Light lunch for those who are present
- First Cooking lesson starts at 15:00
- Morning lesson starts at 10:30 - 13:00 You will prepare a French lunch including baking Focaccia
- Cooking lesson – starts at 15:00
You prepare a three course Moroccan dinner along with several side dishes.
- Departure excursion
During the Mediterranean cooking courses in Italy you will be taken on a full-day culinary excursion with a tour leader who speaks English fluently and will guide you to the source of Tuscan culinary specialties.
You will visit a wine and olive oil estate for tasting, then pay a visit to a wine estate for a wine tasting and make your way to a cheese and meat Farm for lunch and cheese and meat tasting. After lunch you will stop in a local town for a gelato or visit a ceramic and then go back to your villa after an exciting, fun-filled day to have a light, informal dinner at the villa.
- Morning lesson starts at 10:30 - 13:00 You will prepare a Spanish lunch including Paella
- Cooking lesson– starts at 15:00
You prepare a four course French Provencal dinner.
- Free day
On the free day, only breakfast is served. After breakfast you have the day to yourselves to do some sightseeing or just enjoy the peaceful surroundings. This is an ideal day to take a trip to Florence for shopping and sightseeing, as it's only a 50km drive away. Another option will be to visit La Verna, an ancient monastery where San Francisco de Assisi lived most of his life. Tip: Our guide can organize and accompany your group on excursions in the area. You are welcome to just stay at the villa for the day and relax around the pool or take a dip in the Hot Tub.
Lunch and dinner reservations can be made at a restaurant of your choice on request.
- Morning free for sightseeing or to relax or book a massage
- Light lunch for those who are present
- Final cooking lesson – starts at 15:00
You will prepare an elaborate final dinner covering all the different cuisines you have mastered
- At the grand finale dinner you will be presented with a certificate of attendance and say a final goodbye to your the new friends you have made at the Mediterranean cooking courses in Italy.
- Check-out around 10:00
There is nothing to fault about this experience.....
Incredible. So much more than I expected and that doesn't happen often.....