Laura Giusti chef at Bellorcia Italian cooking course
Laura was born in Subbiano, which is a charming village close to Arezzo in the heart of Tuscany.
After completing a degree in Italian Literature and philosophy at the University of Sienna, she took a post graduate course in “archives studies” in Cortona.
Her passion for food and wine inspired her to pursue this as a profession. She studied to be a Professional Sommelier and she also completed an Oil “dégustation” course. To improve her cooking skills she took courses with famous chefs from Florence, Rome and Lucca and with the “Slow Food” organization and Institute of Alberghiero near Siena. She has also completed a Moroccan cookery course in North Africa.
In 1989 she opened up her own restaurant in Capolona near Arezzo “Il Giardino Sull ‘Arno” where she specialized in functions, weddings and private dinners.
She started teaching in 2002 at an Italian cooking school specializing in Traditional Tuscan food and was happy to finally, as she says: “Unite my two greatest passions, cooking and teaching”. Her extensive knowledge of food and wine, combined with her passion for teaching and personal charm will inspire you,
Laura teaches the full week Italian cooking lessons at Bellorica To whet your appetite we invite you to look at her sample menu.
Author of the cookbook Tuscookany The flavours of Tuscany.
Menu Italian cookery course at Bellorcia
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Cheese Baked with Prosciutto Cheese and Bresaola Stuffed Rolls Potato Salad with Tomato and Red Onion Pecorino Cheese and Peaches
- Rice Salad of Venus
- Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Cheese Pecorino and Pear Flan
- Crispy Dough with Tomatoes and Zucchini Chilli Creme Brulee
- Small Quiche with Pumpkin and Radicchio Parmigiana
- Tagliatelle with Meat Sauce
- Ravioli with Butter and Sage
- Tortellini with Sundried Tomatoes, Basil And Mozzarella Risotto with Saffron
- Pasta E Ceci
- “ Gran Farro” Soup
- Tomato Soup- Pappa Al Pomodoro
- Leek Cream and Gorgonzola
- Pici with Broccoli, Bacon and Fried Crumbs Pansotti with Nuts
- Tortelli with Beetroot and Asparagus Cream Potato Tortelli
- Florentine T-Bone Steak
- Pork Filet with Rosemary, Capers and Anchovy Sauce Pork Tenderloin with Pancetta, Grapes and Walnuts Roast Pork Lion-Arezzo Style
- Wild Boar
- Chicken Salad with Peppers
- Supreme of Chicken with Eggplant Carpaccio Swivels
- Hunter’s Style Rabbit
- Saltimbocca Alla Romana
- Veals Rolls
- Chicken Bocconcini in Red Wine
- Baccala 'Alla Fiorentina
- Turbot Fillet with Olives
- Grilled Vegetables
- Roast Potatoes with Aromatic Herbs Slow-Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Oregano
- Cannellini Beans in Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Mousse Grandma’s Cake Zabaione with Strawberries Creme Caramel
- Panna Cotta
- Rice Milk and Raspberries Chestnut Mousse with Persimmon Small Apple Cakes Zuccotto
- Zuppa Inglese