Tuscookany Recipe Baked Spaghetti with Eggplant
Posted on january 29, 2015 by Tuscookany, Recipe by Chef Franco
A recipe from the Italian cookery course at Torre del Tartufo created by one of our Tuscookany chefs - Franco Palandra
Baked Spaghetti with Eggplant
"Involtini di spaghetti alle melanzane"
250 g spaghetti
1 bunch basil
3 cloves garlic
½ litre home made tomato sauce
¼ cup olive oil
1 glass sunflower oil
2 medium size eggplants
1 handful grated parmesan cheese
6 small slices pecorino cheese
salt & pepper
- Cut 12 thin slices of eggplant and dice the rest.
- Fry the eggplant slices and diced eggplant separately in hot sunflower oil and place on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Chop the garlic and fry in olive oil. Cut the basil with scissors and add.
- When the garlic reaches a golden brown colour add the diced eggplant and after a few minutes add the tomato sauce, keeping a little sauce on the side for serving. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti in boiling water with salt. Boil for ¾ of the suggested time on the packaging, strain and add to the tomato sauce.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and toss the pasta.
- Place 2 slices of eggplant on the table, making a long strip.
- Place some spaghetti in the middle (try to divide the pasta in 6 parts) and wrap it.
- Once the 6 portions are made place on a baking tray and add a slice of pecorino cheese to each one.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
Let us know how it worked out - you can add any questions or comments down below.
Have fun cooking!