Tuscookany Recipe Baked Spaghetti with Eggplant
January 29, 2015
A recipe from the Italian cookery course at Torre del Tartufo created by one of our Tuscookany chefs - Franco Palandra
Baked Spaghetti with Eggplant
"Involtini di spaghetti alle melanzane"
250 g spaghetti
1 bunch basil
3 cloves garlic
½ litre home made tomato sauce
¼ cup olive oil
1 glass sunflower oil
2 medium size eggplants
1 handful grated parmesan cheese
6 small slices pecorino cheese
salt & pepper
- Cut 12 thin slices of eggplant and dice the rest.
- Fry the eggplant slices and diced eggplant separately in hot sunflower oil and place on a paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Chop the garlic and fry in olive oil. Cut the basil with scissors and add.
- When the garlic reaches a golden brown colour add the diced eggplant and after a few minutes add the tomato sauce, keeping a little sauce on the side for serving. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti in boiling water with salt. Boil for ¾ of the suggested time on the packaging, strain and add to the tomato sauce.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and toss the pasta.
- Place 2 slices of eggplant on the table, making a long strip.
- Place some spaghetti in the middle (try to divide the pasta in 6 parts) and wrap it.
- Once the 6 portions are made place on a baking tray and add a slice of pecorino cheese to each one.
- Bake until the cheese melts.
Let us know how it worked out - you can add any questions or comments down below.
Have fun cooking!
Find more great recipes with pasta on Huffpost Taste or Food Network and the Tuscookany menus page
Interested in our cooking courses at one of our Tuscan villas?
Do you want to enjoy our Tuscany cooking classes with plenty of time to explore in your free time, all while staying in an amazing villa?
How our guests experienced the Tuscookany courses
Reviews from our former guests made about their visit to Tuscookany on TripAdvisor, facebook, Twitter, Google, Chow and Yelp.
My husband and I absolutely loved our time here for the 1-week Italian cooking course - and that says a lot since I hate to cook.
The ultimate Tuscan experience, A week of cooking at Casa Ombuto is everything you could hope to expect, and more. Under the expert guidance of world class chef Paola Baccetti
I just spent an awesome week with Tuscookany at Bellorcia.
Incredible Experience, This Property is straight out of a Sofia Coppola Indie Movie! It's Luxurious, Beautiful and Decadent!
What a fantastic holiday, everything was just perfect,
Greatest cooking class experience ever! ... we had such a wonderful time with Laura the Chef!
Fantastic experience This was our second time at Torre del Tartufo and we had exactly the same quality experience as the first time. It was wonderful to stay at the Torre del Tartufo again and enjoy its beautiful setting and atmosphere. Cooking classes were excellent, a great fun, truly enjoyable. We learned a lot and enjoyed every single meal (pizza night was great). We had fun as a group. Franco and Paola are the best!