Alice Cornacchini chef at the Mediterranean cooking classes in Tuscany at Casa Ombuto.
Alice was born in Genova, a port city on the Mediterranean sea. She is a Mediterranean woman at heart with the sea flowing in her veins. Alice studied to be a teacher and earned a degree in Ancient Roman history from the University of Siena. She embarked on her culinary career as a student by working in local restaurants and discovered her life-long passion: cooking.
In 2001, Alice and her husband, Alfonso, realized their dream of opening their own restaurant – “Le 3 Civette” – located in Parco di Lignano, a beautiful natural reserve park near Arezzo. Alice currently lives in the countryside of Arezzo with her husband, their son (Elia), and their dog (Byron).
Alice lives by two mottos when it comes to cooking. First, “Food tells a story.” Every cuisine in the Mediterranean has a specific culinary history, so food has become an expression of that culture, history, and even politics. Alice will teach you the Mediterranean cuisine and also the special stories and their meaning in every ingredient used in the recipes.
The second motto Alice uses is “Cooking is an act of love.” People express themselves through cooking. Even the same recipe, prepared by different people will be different. Emotion, joy, and love are added ingredients that every person has inside one’s heart that cannot be measured or bought and Alice invites you to join her at the Mediterranean cookery course at Casa Ombuto to show her love for cooking and sharing this with you.
Alice teaches the Mediterranean classes at Casa Ombuto.
The Mediterranean menu has great variety and the Italian menu is everything you expected to make on a Tuscan cooking course.
Please note that you will be receiving a cookbook with over 100 recipes and the sample menus below is just an indication to whet your appetite! This changes depending on the season and group. If you have something special you have always wanted to learn to make our chefs are happy to see if they can plan this in too.
Mediterranean cookery course at Casa Ombuto
- Black Crostini
- Cheese and Bresaola stuffed rolls Tomato Bruchetta
- Fennel Orange and Olive Salad
- Potato Gnocchi
- Trofie Pasta with fresh Spinach
- Tagliatelle with meat sauce
- Trofi Pasta with Pesto and Eggplant cheese sauce
- Florentine T-Bone Steak Roast Pork Loin – Arezzo Style Veal Escalopes Alle Pizzaiola Breaded Lamb Ossobuco
- Chocolate mousse Grandma’s Cake
- Panna cotta with candied orange zest Zabaione with strawberries
- French Onion soup Salade Nicoise Quiche Lorraine
- Chicken Provençale Provençale Fish Stew Ratatouille
- Provencal Rabbit with Tapenade Sea Bass baked in a crust of salt
- Chocolate fondant Seasonal Fruit Flan Summer Peaches Upside down Apple tart Ice Cream
- Meatballs with chopped almonds Sangria
- Tomato Anchovy Bread
- Gilt head Bream baked in salt with Mediterranean herbs Lamb shoulder with dried fruit
- Salad of roasted red peppers
- Crema Catalana
- Eggplant Dip
- Filo Pastry Egg Parcels Laham Mishwi – Meat skewers Tuna and Egg Brik Falafel
- Chicken Tajin with pickled lemons and olives Lamb with Dates
- Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Almond Macaroons Orange Fruit Salad Mint tea
Other Mediterranean dishes:
- Fava bean Soup
- Bulgar Wheat salad
- Tzatziki – Yoghurt and cucumber salad Turkish style baked eggplant