Casa Ombuto | Casa
4 of 5 stars, Reviewed on TripAdvisor by IJbo , May 2016
Gregarious chef Paula was a lot of fun to be with and taught us many things about cooking and especially about food. The setting was amazing, so peaceful and relaxing, and away from any hustle and bustle. We did lots of socializing at night with our fellow chefs while consuming great quantities of food and drinks. The excursion to the wine tasting and the lunch at the olive farm were a true treat. It was a trip to remember! The only complaint I have it that it was chilly (we were there early April) so the fire place was always going full blast. Unfortunately the flue must not have been worth properly because the smoke stayed inside the dining room/kitchen and our clothes and hair constantly smelled like smoke. I would suggest going when it is warmer so the fireplace is not lit.
Stayed April 2016, travelled with family
Comment from the The Tuscookany Team:
Dear IJbo we are sorry about the smoke due to the fireplace. We have underfloor heating and the fireplaces are only lit to make the dining room cozy. Sometimes it happens with a change in atmospheric pressure that the fireplace smokes. In future the staff will make sure not to light the fireplace in these situations. Pleased however to read that you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in Tuscany!